Do you work with two monitors? If so, you know how important it is to have a desk that can accommodate them. Not all desks are created equal – some are designed for single monitors, while others can hold two. In this blog post, we will discuss the factors you need to consider when choosing a desk for 2 monitors. We’ll also recommend some of our favourite desks that are perfect for dual monitor setups!
What to consider when choosing a desk for 2 monitors?
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a desk for two monitors is size. You will need to make sure that the desk is large enough to accommodate both monitors, as well as any other items that you need to have on your desk, such as a keyboard and mouse.
Another factor to consider is the material of the desk. desks are typically made from either wood or metal, and each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Wood desks are typically more expensive than metal desks, but they can also be more stylish and durable. Metal desks, on the other hand, are usually less expensive and more lightweight, making them easier to move around.
Another factor to consider is storage. If you plan on using your desk for other purposes besides just holding your monitors, then you will need to make sure that it has enough storage space for all of your other items. Desks typically have either shelves or drawers, or both, which can provide you with ample storage space for everything that you need to keep on your desk.
Finally, you will need to consider assembly when choosing a desk for two monitors. Some desks come pre-assembled, while others require some assembly on your part. If you are not comfortable with assembling furniture, then you may want to choose a desk that comes pre-assembled. However, if you are handy and don’t mind doing some assembly, then you can save some money by choosing a desk that requires assembly
5. Budget and Finances
Of course, another important factor to consider when choosing a desk is budget. Desks can range in price from a few hundred pounds to several thousand, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping.
Keep in mind that you may need to spend more on a desk if you want features such as built-in storage or a motorized height adjustment. So, do check your savings and finances accordingly. If you feel like your finances are in good condition but currently you don’t have enough savings then you can also consider taking a small loan, short term loan, or an alternative to instalment loans.
How to set up your dual monitor setup?
Now that you know what to look for in a desk for two monitors, let’s discuss how to set up your dual monitor setup.
- The first step is to choose the right monitors. We recommend choosing monitors that are the same size and resolution. This will make it easier to move windows and applications between the two screens.
- Once you have your monitors, it’s time to set them up on your desk. Place one monitor in front of you and the other to the side so that they form a 45 to 90 degree angle. If possible, adjust the height of your monitors so that they are at eye level. This will help reduce neck and eye strain.
- Now that your monitors are in place, it’s time to connect them to your computer. We recommend using a HDMI cable for the connection.
Tips for working with 2 monitors
Now that you have your dual monitor setup up and running, here are a few tips to help you make the most of it:
- Use one monitor for email, social media, and other web browsing activities. This will help you stay focused on your work on the other screen.
- Place your most-used applications on the primary monitor and less-used applications on the secondary monitor. This will help you stay organized and efficient.
- Connect your printer to one of the monitors so that you can easily print documents and photos.
A dual monitor setup can be a great way to increase your productivity and efficiency. Just make sure to take the time to choose the right desk and monitors for your needs. And don’t forget to follow our tips for working with two monitors.